A roughly circular earthwork stands round the churchyard, and the church hosts a number of standing stones. The tallest stone 3.4 m high at the north is known to be in its original position. Burl  cites the anomaly that this northern stone is mentioned in Malkin's description of the churchyard in 1804, whereas a second edition describes a 'large druidical circle or temple'. The suspicion is that some of the other stones have been added for dramatic effect in the 19th century, and it is most odd that records of 1755 and 1796 don't mention any stones
In the eastern wall of the churchyard there are four more standing stones. Two of them serve as gateposts, while the other two are more substantial and are set into recesses in the churchyard wall.